Big box retailers and large chain pharmacies have already caught onto this trend, but many independent pharmacies continue to lag behind. According to the NCPA, just 61% of the community pharmacies offer immunizations. This number can include any range of vaccines, from a single flu shot to a full disease state management program.
Experts recommend that independent pharmacies just beginning to offer immunizations should start with influenza and pneumococcal vaccines. Once you’ve established a consistent program and have begun to generate business, you can consider expanding their offerings to include vaccines recommended by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
Benefits to the Pharmacy
- Increase revenue by expanding your clinical services
- Position your pharmacy as a local resource for healthcare services
- Attract new patients to your pharmacy and grow your business
- Strengthen prescriber relationships in your community
The Vaccine Program is designed to allow any independent pharmacy to administer vaccines at their licensed establishment any time under our Medical Director. The cost is $295 for 12 months and you can learn more today by reaching out to a Pharma Solutions representative.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Influenza Type B
- COVID (Moderna, Pfizer and Janssen)
- Emergency reaction
Other Materials Included:
- All VISs
- Prescription template
- Which Vaccines Do I Need handout
- Using Standing Orders handout
- Screening checklist
- 30 Steps to Implementing handout
- Vaccine information statement (general)
- Vaccine information table